Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Hiding from God





[[Gen 3:8]] KJV And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

 [[Exo 3:6]] KJV Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God. 

[[Rev 6:15]] KJV And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
 when Adam and Eve made the decision they where sufficiant in themselves to do and decide how to produce life; the bible tells us their eyes where opened and they knew they where naked.
 When they had naturaly walked in Gods life that he breathed into them there had been no such thinking for their lives consisted of Gods life in them hence they where hidden in God. At their fateful decision to become selves,abandoning their oneness with Gods life, they found the glory that had shown from them was gone leaving behind only naked flesh.
They took from the earth and made themselves aprons to cover this dead dark flesh, but when the presance of God came near they knew a covering of the creation would not hide from the creators eyes.
So it was by shame, guilt, and fear they attempted to hide themselves. We see clearly that this is the story lived out again and again in ievery fallen man...but do we see this is also the story of the redeemed. For me it was yesterday.
The Lord has shown me that his life is my life, that my self life was crucified in him, that I am hidden in him, and that by the trust he forms in me Christ lives in and through me. Yet, yesterday early at work there is a conversation taking place about a certain individual who trys at any cost to make an impression on our suprivisor. His behavior is so over the top that it is a source of ridicule. I found myself taking part in this conversation. As I was walking away my hidding started...the conversation in my mind was....oh yes you really showed an example of Jesus love to those men...why is it so easy for you to act like that...God must be disgusted with you even though he loves you...are you realy even his; maybe your just decieving yourself.
Half hearted prayers made ineffective by self pity, and loathing. Then aggrivation and blame toward God...after all he needs to change me or show me or leave me....(didnt think of it then but sounds like Jonah). Im home now with fustration and anger boiling in me...it comes out in unkind words to my wife.
 Then it is God telling me to come out and stop hiding from him. Asking forgivness from God and men feeling his mercy and forgivness...feed my sheep...how can I....do you love me,feed my sheep...what can I...do you love me
 So I am done hiding...God knew about my nakedness before he offered his glory to me. I am done with fig leaves...I am crucified with Christ and as such I am naked and not ashamed...

 [[Gen 2:25/KJV]] And they were both naked, the man and his wife and were not ashamed

[[Heb 4:13]] KJV Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

 visit me at http://rickrosamond2.blogspot.com 

Translate

Popular Posts