Thursday, May 7, 2015

By My Spirit: Resting in YHWH part 3





2 Chronicles 8: 12-13

Then Solomon offered burnt offerings unto the Lord on the altar of the Lord which he had built before the porch even after a certain rate everyday offering according to the commandment of Moses, on the Sabbaths, and on the new moons and on the solemn feast three times in the year in the feast of unleavened bread and in the feast of weeks and in the feast of tabernacles

Isaiah 1:9-19

Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah. Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah. To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts? Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and Sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth : they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.  And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood. Wash you, make you clean ; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil ; Learn to do well ; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.  If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

Isaiah 58:13-14

  If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honorable; and shalt honor him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Isaiah 66:22-24

 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.  And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

Jeremiah 17:21-27

Thus saith the LORD; Take heed to yourselves, and bear no burden on the Sabbath day, nor bring it in by the gates of Jerusalem; Neither carry forth a burden out of your houses on the Sabbath day, neither do ye any work, but hallow ye the Sabbath day, as I commanded your fathers. But they obeyed not, neither inclined their ear, but made their neck stiff, that they might not hear , nor receive instruction. And it shall come to pass, if ye diligently hearken unto me, saith the LORD, to bring in no burden through the gates of this city on the Sabbath day, but hallow the Sabbath day, to do no work therein; Then shall there enter into the gates of this city kings and princes sitting upon the throne of David, riding in chariots and on horses, they, and their princes, the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem: and this city shall remain forever. And they shall come from the cities of Judah, and from the places about Jerusalem, and from the land of Benjamin, and from the plain, and from the mountains, and from the south, bringing burnt offerings, and sacrifices, and meat offerings, and incense, and bringing sacrifices of praise, unto the house of the LORD. But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the Sabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the Sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.

Ezekiel 20:12-20

Moreover also I gave them my Sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctifies them. But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do , he shall even live in them; and my Sabbaths they greatly polluted : then I said , I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.  But I wrought for my name's sake, that it should not be polluted before the heathen, in whose sight I brought them out. Yet also I lifted up my hand unto them in the wilderness, that I would not bring them into the land which I had given them, flowing with milk and honey, which is the glory of all lands; Because they despised my judgments, and walked not in my statutes, but polluted my Sabbaths: for their heart went after their idols. Nevertheless mine eye spared them from destroying them; neither did I make an end of them in the wilderness. But I said unto their children in the wilderness, Walk ye not in the statutes of your fathers, neither observe their judgments, nor defile yourselves with their idols:  I am the LORD your God; walk in my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them;  And hallow my Sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God.

When one sets out to speak about the Sabbath one question comes to the front over and over when we should assemble in a congregation; but an honest answer to that question is not easily received by those who are on either side of the debate.  The answer is that the Sabbath is not about assembling but instead it is rest. This does not mean it is wrong to assemble just that it is not connected.

It is how one lives out the Sabbath not the performance that is the focus of YHWH’s approval or indignation.  

Yeshua said:

1)      come unto me all ye who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest

2)       I came that you might have life and life more abundant

3)      If you believed Moses you would believe on me for Moses testifies of me

4)      I do not come to to destroy the law but to fulfill the law

Some believe Yeshua fulfilled the penalty of the law and I agree with them but if it stops there we are doomed to perform the acts of death without penalty but we know He also said He gave us life.

Moses said:

1)      I set before you life and good and death and evil

2)      Walk in all the ways the Lord thy God has commanded that you may live

3)      You shall love Him with all heart, soul, and might and these words I command you this day shall be in your heart

In the writings of Moses the word of YHWH tells us to honor the completed work of YHWH by doing no labor of man on the Sabbath. The prophets enlarge this message to conclude that the message of Moses was about who we are not what we do.

Isaiah speaks of us doing the things Moses instructed as actions by which we think we will please or earn from YHWH but YHWH’s reaction is one of disgust and separation. Why because their desire is for their own good. How many do things in their life because they desire to receive for themselves.

Think for a moment what one is saying when they say my reward is in heaven. Some few may refer to their groom being all the reward they have need of but most would mean they will give now because they will be rewarded later…making themselves the object of their benevolence.

If we would rest in the finished work of life we must have a heart that has no self-motivation; and sense the only power source men can produce is from the self they can never obtain true selflessness. Yet by faith the self is crucified in Messiah and it remains dead the life of the resurrection is YHWH’s Spirit making us to live…this is the only true rest, it is the only way to have life.

Jeremiah speaks of bearing no burden on the Sabbath when we enter the gate of Jerusalem. Yeshua said He was the gate of the sheep( this is the gate in Jerusalem where  the sheep for burnt offerings are brought in) The Jerusalem above is His bride we are living stones we are His temple, His city, His bride, a city without foundations whose maker and builder is YHWH. If this is the testimony of the Spirit then the only way we can believe we must do our part is if we draw back min unbelief that YHWH has finished His work and delivered His life to us.

Ezekiel gives us two powerful witnesses of Yeshua for He says He gave the Sabbath that His people would know that it is He that sanctifies us. Yeshua alone sanctifies us no man by his self has ever done the work of YHWH but in Yeshua and He in us it is YHWH who works in us.

Also he warns the people not walk in or observe the judgements of their fathers, what was the conclusion drawn by their fathers when Moses gave them the law? “We shall do all that He says”

This is the wrong judgment for Moses told them if they loved YHWH with all they were the law would be in their heart and they would diligently teach it to their children in their rising up and lying down , coming in, and going out, it would be bound in the work of their hands for all to see and it would be always before their eyes.

This life must come from YHWH it cannot be produced by men. It is the law which Yeshua fulfilled by bearing us in himself to death that all who will have faith in Him alone may have the life described by Moses for Moses was His witness.

If a man will find his life he will lose his life but if he lose his life for my sake he shall find his life…simply if you try to make yourself right you will find death, but if you give your life to me to crucify in my cross I will share my life in you and we will be one.

 

Translate

Popular Posts